Working at Tamarack is an incredible experience. Not only are you working in an enjoyable, beautiful environment. But, you can earn perks like a season pass for you and your family, resort discounts and more!
If you’d like to become a member of the Tam Fam, then take a minute and review the job openings below. Thank you for your interest in joining the Tamarack Team, and we hope to see you at the resort!
To submit your resume, or request additional information please contact HR@tamarackidaho.com
Tamarack Resort is now accepting applications for the Summer 2016 season. Below are some of the seasonal positions we are hiring. If you are ready to join the Tam Team, please send your resume!
Most positions require weekend and holiday work.
Seasonal Summer Roles
Zipline Guides & Admin Roles
See zipline opportunities here.
Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
Previous serving and/or bartending, supervisor, and least 6 months of assistant manager experience in a full service restaurant are required for this position. Knowledge of cuisine and general familiarity of wine is a major plus. You need to be a genuine, happy leader, who couples humility with a high desire to serve and please. We want passionate individuals who are driven, open to coaching, and are committed to delivering mountain hospitality with personality. Did I mention we are growing? That means we need leaders ready to grow, and go, wherever life takes us.
As a Tamarack Resort Assistant Manager, you’ll manage the front of house operations and therefore, prior kitchen experience is a huge plus. You’ll build on your skills and discover new ones. You’ll assist the Director of Hospitality in developing the Team Members. You’ll work with budgets, inventory, and labor management. You will use the tools and development provided by Tamarack Resort to grow sales and increase profits while you grow and develop both personally and professionally.
Dock Hand Supervisor
Dock Hand Supervisor will help with daily operations of the Tamarack Waterfront, as well as set up and take down of the dock and yurt at the beginning and end of the season, with a start date intended for mid May and an end date of mid September. Dock Hand Supervisor will help with guest reservations, checking in guests, walking guests thru operations and safety of both motorized and non-motorized equipment, docking of Tamarack and guests motorized equipment, trailering of Tamarack Equipment, fueling of Tamarack Equipment and cleaning of Tamarack and Dock Users Boats and areas occupied my Tamarack Resort at the Poison Creek Camp Ground. Dock Hand Supervisor will report directly to the Waterfront Manager.
Requirements: 21+ years old, valid driver’s license, clean record, no DUI within the past 8 years, First Aid and CPR certified, boat driving and trailering skills, knowledge of Boats, Personal Watercrafts and other lake activities, and Basic Computer Skills
Dock Hand will help with daily operations of the Tamarack Waterfront, as well as set up and take down of the dock and yurt at the beginning (End of June) and end of the season (Labor Day). Dock Hand will help with guest reservations, checking in guests, walking guests thru operations and safety of both motorized and non-motorized equipment, docking of Tamarack and guests motorized equipment, and cleaning of Tamarack and Dock Users Boats and areas occupied my Tamarack Resort at the Poison Creek Camp Ground.
Requirements: 18+ years old, valid driver’s license, clean record, no DUI within the past 8 years. Basic Computer Skills. Driving of Motorized water equipment and trailering (willing to train)
Lodging Front Desk
The Front Desk of Lodging is a crucial customer service position within the resort. This position requires someone who is professional, friendly and engaging. Front Desk Agents will need to answer guest inquiries about rates, special packages, and other general inquiries in timely manner. Other responsibilities will include putting together check-in packets and issuing keys. This position will also require thorough knowledge about different types of units offered and assisting guest with booking the unit that best fits their needs.
Requirements: At least 6 months of front desk experience in the hospitality industry, proficiency in both oral and written English, computer literacy in Microsoft Word and other applications, strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities, and more.
You need to be a genuine, happy leader, who couples humility with a high desire to serve and please. We want passionate individuals who are driven, open to coaching, and are committed to delivering mountain hospitality with personality. Did I mention we are growing? That means we need leaders ready to grow, and go, wherever life takes us. Must be able to perform daily, partial, full, and deep cleaning responsibilities for a variety of different types of units, Must adhere to quality & productivity standards, Must be able to plan/organize cleaning supplies and cleaning duties. Must show attention to detail. And more.
Requirements: At least 6 months of Housekeeping experience in the hospitality industry.
The barista is responsible for serving all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each customer. He/she is also responsible for educating customers about our premium coffees and teas. The barista fulfills any other duties the store manager, assistant manager or shift supervisor assigns.
Back Waiters provide support for the service staff before, after, and during service. This is a gateway position to furthering your knowledge for a service position. Back waiters are an essential part of FOH team.
Mountain Bike Park
Trail Boss will oversee the construction and maintenance of more than 20 miles of IMBA designed and built trails in our lift serviced bike park. The ideal candidate will have experience in machine operation (mini ex, Sweco, skid steer) as well as experience designing and building modern bike park style trails using hand tools. Will oversee a team of 3 trail maintenance staff. Must be an expert bike rider. Full time Seasonal. Late-May-Mid September. Expect to work weekends and holidays.
Lift Operator/Trail Maintenance
3 positions available: Will work with Tamarack Staff and Trail Boss to build and maintain all bike park trails and features. This is a physical outdoor position, trail building experience and mountain bike riding experience is a bonus. This is a split role with 20hrs per week dedicated to trail maintenance and 20 hours per week dedicated to lift operator. Lift operator role includes ticket scanning, loading and unloading of guests and bicycles. Expert guest service skills are a must. Full Time Seasonal. Mid-June – Labor Day. Pay: $10hr. Must be available to work weekends and holidays. Must be able to lift bicycles weighing up to 60lbs on/off of chairlift in a repetitive motion.
The Controller is a part of the Senior Leadership Team and has full responsibility for the completion and accuracy of the company’s monthly and year- end financial statements, internal financial reporting, the oversight and accountability for the general ledger, budgeting and forecasting, cost analysis, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash deposits, bank reconciliation, software systems, and payroll accounting functions. The Controller will coordinate the implementation of the financial planning process with company leaders and safeguard Company assets by enhancing and establishing the financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. The role will be based at the resort.
The successful candidate must possess strong and proven financial analysis skills, communication, collaborative and organizational skills along with understanding the detailed nuances of GAAP accounting and financial reporting, especially as it relates to resort operations and real estate development.
• Prepare, consolidate and distribute forecast, budget and related reports. Responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of these reports and statements.
• Implement decision-useful management reports, metrics, financial analysis, budgets and forecasting to support the business objectives, and to support the executive leadership team and to provide recommendations to the General Manager.
• Work closely with the General Manager on strategic objectives, providing proactive leadership via financial forecasting, modeling and analysis and business strategy recommendations and advice.
• Assists the General Manager in the cash and risk management strategies and functions of the company.
• Provides leadership in the capital budgeting, ROI analysis as well as asset management and control processes.
• Develops and builds financial cost models to analyze major corporate projects and opportunities. Takes a forward looking approach to all financial planning based on solid data.
• Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements.
• Maintain a good working relationship with all Departments and third-party vendors.
• Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
• Lead and direct the processing of accounts receivable and timely collection of payments.
• Manages the implementation, timeliness, accuracy and continuous improvement of the Company’s budgeting process. Designs and refines the key metric and KPI as well as trending to drive the financial goals of the company.
• Controller may be required to perform related duties not specifically listed above.
QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, WORK EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. (CMA and/or CPA certification desired). A combination of both general accounting and financial management roles with 8 – 15 years of work experience is required. Experience should include a minimum of 5 years in a hospitality or resort business of similar size and scope overseeing P&L reporting, balance sheet reconciliations, forecasting, and labor management.
• Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
• Experience either doing, or assisting in, an annual operating Budget in a resort of similar size and scope.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and exceptionally strong skills in Excel.
• Proficiency with back office accounting and administrative systems, PMS, POS, and other system interfaces and one who can learn our existing systems with minimal effort.
• Ability to develop and mentor accounting office personnel, both salaried and hourly positions.
• Someone experienced with providing staff feedback on performance during the year, carry out annual reviews, and provide leadership to office personnel to create a positive, supportive, work environment.
• Analyze a large volume of complex financial information from many sources and provide a high degree of ad hoc reporting for the General Manager and Replay Resorts executives.
• Experience managing large capital expansion and capital maintenance projects
• An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent communication skills, including listening, one-on-one, small group & public speaking skills – a proven leader in the community in which they currently operate.
• An excellent negotiator who has demonstrated track record in successful negotiating contracts of all types.
• Ability to manage time and energies in an efficient, effective and organized manner.
• Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems
• Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
• Excellent relationship-building skills, with the ability to understand Resort needs and collaborate with internal and external customers to create solutions and to meet client needs.
• Strong motivational, organizational, written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Exhibits a sense of urgency and translates that into the day to day management of the operations
• Ability to set goals, define responsibilities, and hold people accountable
• Must be compassionate, positive, motivational and driven.