Tamarack Resort invites you to participate in one of the most spectacular meteor showers of the year!
Guests will take a midnight chair lift up to mid-mountain for the optimal Perseids Meteor shower viewing experience. There each guest will be given a commemorative stargazing blanket to curl up on as we enjoy one of the most well-known showers of the year.
This is one of the most plentiful showers, guests can expect to see 50-100 meteors per hour. Central Idaho is home to the nation’s First Dark Sky Reserve. The Reserve covers and protects 1,416 square miles of land from light pollution making this one of the premier viewpoints for stargazing.
The Perseids peak on warm August nights seen from the northern hemisphere with the most active dates on August 11th & 12th when the moon will only be 13% full.
On the evening of August 11th starting at 11pm make your way to the Tamarack Express Lift and join the Tam Fam as we party with the Perseids!
- Beverages and snacks will be available for purchase at the Mid-Mountain Yurt.
- Outside food and beverages not allowed
- Reservations are required. $65 - includes two scenic lift rides and commemorative picnic blanket.
- Guests are encouraged to bring additional blankets, warm clothing as well as closed toe shoes (as you may not see vegetation as easily at night.)
- Folding chairs are permitted and must be held in guest lap for the lift ride.
- No white flashlights, flash photography, or green laser pointers are allowed. This will reduce your (and others) ability to see in a darkened environment. It takes 25 minutes for the human eye to adapt to darkness. Red flashlights/headlamps are permissible.
- For your safety, please do not leave the designated viewing area.
Reservations for Tamarack Resort Mid-Mountain Meteor Shower Party are non-refundable and not able to be exchanged. In the event Tamarack Resort must cancel this event due to weather conditions Tamarack will issue a full refund.
For further questions please contact 208.325.1000 INFO@TAMARACKIDAHO.COM