Lift Rides & Hiking
Summer Lift Services are currently closed.
Hikers out to explore the wonders of the mountains by foot will love the scenic and educational experience of Tamarack’s trail system or may opt to journey into the endless beauty of the Payette River Mountains.
Take a leisurely hike up the mountain or jump on Tamarack Express for a quick ride to the top.
Whatever your fitness level, Tamarack has an adventure for you!
Group Guided Hiking Tours - Don’t Miss It!
We offer a full range of itineraries from a "never tried it" to an "advanced fitness hike" showcasing a variety of trails covering the mountain.
Join an experienced Tamarack Guide for a hike in this vast scenic area showcasing Idaho at its finest.
Along the way, your guide will share information about local flora and fauna, regional history, geographic points of interest and give instructional tips on hiking.
Private Guided Hiking Tours
Ready for a hike but not quite up to the challenge of a summit trip? No worries! Our guides drive you to the trail head! Take a Tamarack SUV to a high elevation trailhead and hike the remaining few miles to the summit!
- Search for mushrooms and learn how to prepare them for a fabulous meal.
- Wander a winding trail through remote pine and fir trees.
- Take a chairlift ride, hike to the top of Lone Tree Peak and enjoy lunch with a view
- Join our naturalist on Lake Cascade for some great bird watching
- Drive a SUV to a remote high mountain lake and enjoy lunch lakeside
Advanced reservations are required, call 208.325.1030.
Please Download the Latest Version of Adobe Flash Player Here